Monday, May 10, 2010

Cakes, cakes and more cakes...

This past weekend I had three cake decorating assignments. The first is a Birthday cake for a little girl. Her birthday party was a Purplicious theme, based on the Purplicious book. My customer sent me a picture of how she wanted the cake to look- the picture was taken from 'The Icing on the Cake' blog by Marj Jenkins. (I would really encourage you to check out her blog... she makes fabulous cakes!) The cake is covered in purple fondant and has fondant and gumpaste decorations. It was so much fun to do!



The second cake I made was for a little boy's 7th Birthday.  He had an Indiana Jones' themed party and they wanted a tiered cake with a waterfall.  They also had several Indiana Jones Lego figurines to incorporate into the cake design.  Again, another fun cake to make :)




Lastly, I made a graduation cake with a Louisiana/Saints theme to it.  It's done in Louisiana/Saints colors- purple, gold and black, and has a cute out of the state of LA on top.

0 comments:

Post a Comment