Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm a bit behind on posts. I'm not really sure where the days go anymore...sometimes I wish that I could just slow down the clock on my life!  I did receive one very exciting piece of news last week- I was accepted into Pastry School for next semester!  I'll talk more on this later, but needless to say, I'm both excited and terrified at the same time!

Enough about that for now... here are a few cakes/cupcakes I recently completed.  First is a ballerina cake I worked on for a little girl who was having a dance recital and her mom wanted to celebrate with a cake because, apparently given the choice, the little girl would choose cake over any other gift- sounds like my kind of girl!  :)


I also worked on a very simple Orange Creamsicle Cake- nothing fancy at all, but I have to say that it was so yummy!  I never thought that I would like an orange-flavored cake, but this recipes has definitely changed my mind!


Lastly, I made 5 dozen vanilla and chocolate cupcakes in celebration of a 40th Birthday. 
We went with a very simple design.  Vanilla and chocolate buttercream topped cupcakes with fondant decorations on top.



Thanks to all who requested cakes/cupcakes this past month!

0 comments:

Post a Comment